Nascido em 1976, sempre tive a fotografia latente em minha vida. Sempre, desde pequeno, queria registrar as cenas que via, mas somente aos 18 anos comprei minha primeira camera, uma NIKON FE de segunda mão, e comecei a estudar fotografia. Nunca mais parei.
Em 1998 comecei a fotografiar profissionalmente e atuei em fotojornalismo, moda, viagem e fotografia de vela oceânica.
Atualmente me dedico a fotografia autoral, projetos educacionais e a projetos ligados a indústria fotográfica.
Mais sobre William Silveira, acesse LinkedIn
Born in 1976, I always had the photography latent in my life . Ever since I was young, I wanted to record the scenes around me, but only at age of 18 I bought my first camera, a second hand Nikon FE, and started studying photography . And I’ve never stopped.
In 1998 I’ve started shooting professionally and worked with photojournalism, fashion, travel and sailing competition photos.
Nowadays I’ve been working with authorial photography, educational projects and photo industry.
More about William Silveira professional profile, please access LinkedIn
Professional photographer since 1998, I’ve started working at photo industry 15 years ago, acting on sales and marketing areas during this period.
Since March 2011 working for NIKON Brazil start-up, I’m the responsible for the Nikon Professional Services (NPS) & Special Projects’ area, covering:
• NPS activities management;
• Local NPS implementation and adjustments from Global project to local needs;
• Photographers direct support (including newspapers, magazines, photo agencies and freelancer photographers), in house support or during events - international race car, soccer matches and trade shows as well;
• Internal cross area support, such as MARCON, Customer Relations, Trade and product marketing;
• B2B sales’ prospection and support;
• International support during London summer games in 2012, Sochi winter games in 2014 and trade shows in the USA, including CES, WPPI and Photoplus;
• Negotiations with local organizing committee and internal management to support the international sport event in 6 Brazilian cities during 2013 and 12 cities during July 2014, involving over 50 NIKON employees from several countries;
• Running negotiations to support also an international sports events in Rio, during 2016;
• Local NIKON SCHOOL development, being also one of the speakers;
• Support to start in Nov 2014 the NIKON GALLERY in São Paulo.
Previously, from 2006 to 2011, I was in charge of the implementation of Sony DSLR camera business, Alpha and NEX (mirrorless) models at the local market, developing communication and distribution strategies, branding and identity actions, media relationship, strategic partnerships, events, workshops, endorsements and other related marketing actions, I started a R$25 Million business for Sony Eletronics and the Alpha camera category became the number one, with over 80% of market share at the formal market in Brazil (Source: GFK report, Dec/2010).